It’s been a long, hard week. This blog has no official stance on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict (apart from the disclaimer that this blog is Jewish in origin and recognizes Israel as a country while also recognizing Palestine as occupied East Jerusalem, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip), but the ongoing operation in Gaza is a human rights violation and a clear breach of international law. Regardless of Israel’s right to exist, war crimes are illegal on a global scale. That remains this blog’s stance. It is also of note that there is a place in between blind support and universal criticism. No government or organization is without flaws, and both Israel’s government and Hamas (a terrorist organization) have shown little to no compassion for either Israelis attempting to live their lives free of fear or terrified and traumatized Gazans who are trying to do the same while being brutally murdered by the hundreds. Neither leadership set deserves commendation.
- Leave millennials alone.
- Americans should care about global conflict.
- The coming crisis: Bank of America.
- Andreja Pejic has officially come out as transgender woman. All the best to her.
- A man took over two hours to die in Arizona in what even John McCain is calling torture.
- A quarter of the world’s most educated people live in its 100 largest cities.
- 1000 members of the Texas National Guard were set to be deployed to the border as of Tuesday. | Blue state governors are failing to offer a hand to the children at the border, leaving Texas and Arizona to carry the burden alone. This is a blue-leaning blog and a Texas-bred blog and a pissed blog.
- “I can’t even.”
- A suspected Nazi war criminal has been hospitalized in the US.
- Why the “rich Hillary” story is so pointless.
- Women and ethnic minorities are looked down upon when they push for workplace diversity in the US.
- Obama supports DC statehood, whoo!
- Tuesday was a bipolar day for Obamacare.
- Don’t send your kids to the Ivy League?
- A single mom making minimum wage lost her McDonald’s job because of the parent police. Oh, and got sent to jail.